Sunday, January 4, 2009

Moving Forward

Happy New Year! It is hard to believe that 2008 is behind us and we are now into our first week of 2009. I am always excited to start fresh! Aren't you!

I heard a comment today by a bible study leader at our church. He talked about Moses and his talk with God in the burning bush. (Exodus) He pointed out how many excuses Moses made in trying not to accept God's call to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. He was, of course, enjoying a nice life helping his father in law. Nothing bad about the work he was doing. Good actually. But, and this is the thing that hit me, good can become "the enemy of God's BEST." (Bryan Beyer) Wow!

Now I don't know about you but I had a pretty "good" 2008. Not great, but pretty good. But has my "pretty good" kept me too complacent to step into "God's BEST"....the promised land that He has in store? It is all part of trusting HIM. Trusting Him with my health. Trusting Him with my pursuits. Trusting HIM because my good will never compare to HIS best.

Our First Place(www.firstplace4health.com ) session here in SC this winter is called Moving Forward. I love that God doesn't make us go back to where we were and I love that He doesn't leave us where we are. What a God we serve, one who invites us to move forward with HIM to the land of the very best.

Praise HIM!

1 comment:

duopastorale said...

Hope 2009 is also good for you and thanks for the encouragement to keep trusting. Blessings :)

"Weighting" on the Lord

Let this be a place of encouragement for you in your own walk!