Friday, December 21, 2007

Making Time

I once heard Governor Huckabee interviewed about his weight loss. The interviewer asked " Governor, with your busy schedule, how did you ever find time to exercise?" The Governor responded and I paraphrase, " I don't find time. I make time. If I waited until I found the time to exercise I would never get it done". How true is that! If we wait until we find the time to do anything with our busy schedules, especially during this harried week, we would never get it done.

I am reminded of that when I lay down my Bible until later. Or when I pass by my running shoes on the way to put another load of laundry in. Or when I grab the snacks that are easily available instead of sitting down to a healthy meal.

This time of year is busy. Making our lists and checking them twice. Digging out from under heaps of wrapping paper. Scurrying to deliver the last gift. Places to go. People to see. But we (I) must make the time for those things that honor our Lord. I think He would prefer His temple in good repair. Don't you?
So, pardon me while I head out for my run! See you later!

1st Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

Praise HIM!

7 comments:

Greg C said...

Now you made me feel guilty about all this extra weight I am carrying this year. I do plan on working on my "temple" (body) to get it back in shape. I do truly believe that we should take care of our bodies and the world we live in. It is our way of honoring him. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. How do you feel when you give someone a gift and they don't take care of it?

Another great post today. Bless you.

Kim S in SC said...

No guilt Greg! Enjoy the holidays and we will all do our best to take care of this gift. :)

Heather said...

How true. We have to make time for the most important things. We just have to remember what those things are.

Kim S in SC said...

Happy Wedding time for your family Heather! Praying for good rest and great joy for all of you!
Kim

Angie said...

This is a gluttonous time of year. I was wondering yesterday why it has to be that way.

I read in Italy that they fast 24 hours before they celebrate Christmas day with their feast. I thought that was a lovely way to honor God by spending time with Him instead of feeding fleshly appetites.

I miss my exercise and have used that very excuse of "not enough time". Thanks for the gentle reminder.

Heather said...

Thank you for your prayers, Kim. Things are going well. Merry Christmas!

Barbara said...

Have a blessed time in all you do over Christmas and the New Year.

"Weighting" on the Lord

Let this be a place of encouragement for you in your own walk!