Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New Beginnings

Are you telling everyone that your jeans shrunk two sizes in the dryer last night?
Are you wearing anything with elastic around the waist?
Are you tucking more than just your shirt into your pants?
Is Santa not the only one in the neighborhood with a belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly?

If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, then welcome to the day after Christmas in America. Where the average person puts on a whopping five to eleven pounds over the holidays. FIVE to ELEVEN pounds? This is one time I don't want to be above average! How about you?

In all seriousness, we as believers, must pick ourselves up and live as the citizens of Heaven that we are. So get ready for transformation!

Philipians 3:18-21 "For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."

Don't you just love it! Our Lord, Jesus Christ, intends on transforming "our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body". I don't know about you, but this one "lowly" body is ready. I pray that you will consider joining me. Let's surrender to HIM. Let's stand up and be proud citizens of HEAVEN. Citizens who are recognized quickly by just one glance. No sense in putting it off. Let's get started.
New beginnings! That is why He came!
Praise HIM!

P.S. If you are looking for a way to get rid of excess weight, live well, and grow in your walk with the Lord, look for a First Place meeting in your area. Live in Columbia, South Carolina? New First Place sessions will begin in January and February at Spring Valley Baptist Church.

9 comments:

Angie said...

I just love new beginnings!

Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. One of the fruits of the Spirit is self-control. Let's walk in the Spirit and not satisfy the lusts of the flesh.

Joining with you...

Greg C said...

Healthy bodies lead to healthy minds. I pray for self control daily. I will join you.

Anonymous said...

I'm in to win with all of ya'll

I was doing very well through Thanksgiving even but Christmas at my folks was a lot tougher...I am committed to focusing on the Lord more than myself in 2008 and doing a lot more walking/exercising.

We will encourage each other

The Coffer Family said...

I went to the DMV this morning to renew my drivers licence and it was such a nice feeling to put my weight at 10 pounds lighter than it was so many years ago. I have done pretty good through the holidays and stayed the same, but my birthday is on Saturday, so I still have one obstacle to make it through. I can't wait until Jan 9th.
Karina

Kim S in SC said...

I'm with you Angie! We serve a God of new beginnings!
Greg: You are so right!
Joanna: So glad you stopped in today!It is good to encourage and be encouraged!Yay Karina! What a great success! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful one. Can't wait to see you in January~~
My girls loved their jewelry!

Barbara said...

Thanks for letting me have a taste of your South Carolina Christmas. I am so enjoying all the reply comments that are sharing their day across the world. So interesting.
Your meal does sound real Southern and very delicious. On the whole there is very little difference inour day here and yours except for the slightly different food. My way of enjoying it is to have a little of everything but not too much. Of course your S.C. weather would be very different too.

Anonymous said...

I found my self really focused over the holiday and really thinking before I ate anything. Now that Christmas is over I have passed the left over sweats to other families and actually thrown some away. I cannot wait until FP starts up again. I really miss the fellowship and encouragment.

Gidget

Kim S in SC said...

Yay Gidget! Way to stay focused! I'm excited to get our session started in january! See you soon!

junglemama said...

This is so inspiring! Thank you!

"Weighting" on the Lord

Let this be a place of encouragement for you in your own walk!