Monday, October 15, 2007

I've got a lot to learn!

So, I am about two weeks into this blogging thing, still begging my friends(yes, you) and family(and you too) to join in by posting comments. I have learned a lot...mostly that there is a lot to learn. I have learned that in creating a blog site, using a template is the simplest way to get things arranged. I have learned how to add pictures to the posting, but haven't quite figured out how to put them on the sidebar. I have learned how to add a poll to the blog, but not how to make it last longer than six days. I have learned to re-arrange my template, but not how to stretch the header(title) across the entire top of the site. I have even received a "warning triangle" when I try to add something that the program won't accept. Yup, I still have a lot to learn.

It reminds me of our walk to health with the Lord. So, this week maybe you learned how to write down all your food choices, but not how to count that pesky casserole. You have learned that exercise is important, but not quite how to add it into everyday life. You have learned that having a quiet time with the Lord each day is precious, but not quite how to get the "quiet" part in with little ones at your feet. Maybe you have even gotten your own little "warning triangle" in the form of a scripture to remind you not to add(eat)something that you don't need. Yup, we all have learned quite a bit in the last few weeks, and you know what? We still have a lot to learn.

I am so thankful for a Master, Teacher who allows us to continue learning each day. I am thankful for His patience and gentleness even as he may teach us time after time before we finally "get it". I thank Him for allowing us to sit at His feet, to relish in His Word, to allow us to go on... with a lot to learn. Praise Him!

2nd Timothy 14-17: 14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

No comments:

"Weighting" on the Lord

Let this be a place of encouragement for you in your own walk!