Sunday, October 7, 2007

Keep on , keep on, keep on


Remember the Brady Bunch song? That song has been swirling through my head all day. It could be that it was a tougher weekend than normal as far as keeping my commitments, or maybe I'm still hoping to turn out looking like Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. OK, so I am a closet Nick at Night fan!

On days when every corner seems to offer me the chance to ditch any or all of the commitments, I need to remember 2 Corinthians 10:5: "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." Have you heard some arguments against this journey toward health and total wellness? I have. I have argued with myself throughout the weekend . The mountain just looked too big. As I rode in the car to pick up my son from an afternoon movie with Sunday school friends, I just whispered to the Lord "I don't have the strength to fight the arguments today Lord". He reminded me that His word says that I can not only fight but I can "demolish" those arguments. We demolish them with His word..our sword. But today even that reminder fell short in strengthening me completely. The sword just looked too heavy to even lift, much less wield. It was as if my spirit heard Him say, "just ask, I'll lift it for you". You better believe I asked, and asked immediately! You know what? He did. He did lift the sword! I pray for all of us that when we are too tired to fight anymore, that we allow the strength and mighty power of our Father to fight for us! He is not only the giver of the sword, but often is the Knight who can strike with it. Praise HIM!

I am so encouraged to read your posts and email. They help me "keep on, keep on, keep on". How about you? What encourages you?

1 comment:

DW said...

I see you're reading Psalms...read Ps 27

"Weighting" on the Lord

Let this be a place of encouragement for you in your own walk!