Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Praise Him!

I just came back in from Bible Study with the most amazing group of people. It is a group of mostly women and one very wise man who are working to give Christ First Place in their lives! I am continually amazed by the conversations and insights that the Lord directs. This is one precious group of Christ followers! Why am I still surprised at how much strength is derived from being in fellowship with other believers? Why am I ever surprised at all by this God of ours!

This ever faithful God, the one who parted the seas, who helped a small boy slay a giant, who defeated armies? Our Savior who walked on water, who raised the dead, who forgave sins?

Our Lord,the designer of the ultimate relationship, also designed us to be in fellowship with others! I am so thankful for His way. I am so thankful for His design. And I am so thankful for the fellowship with others who are totally in LOVE with Him! That is you sweet friend! My wonderful husband, family, neighbor, fellow First Place member, or you precious new blog friend. Thank you for allowing the strength of the Holy Spirit to spill out all over me! I praise Him for YOU!

Lord, thank you that you made a way for me to follow You! Thank you for allowing me the great gift of getting to follow you alongside others whose walk inspires and challenges me. Lord, thank you for your great outpouring of love! Thank you for the overflowing strength! Let me continue to be surprised and awed by YOU.

Colossians 1: 3-6
3We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints— 5the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel 6that has come to you. All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all its truth.

Praise Him!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Praising Him with you! He longs for unity in the body. When we're not in right relationship vertically or horizontally (think of the lines of the cross), it's just hard times, huh?

Heather said...

I, too, have been amazed at the things God has done and then wondered why I am amazed when He has shown himself to be so powerful and amazing time and time again. Yet I still stand surprised and awed.

Greg C said...

I am constantly amazed when I hear people that say they don't believe or are waiting for a sign.

When I was young I would go fishing with my father before dawn. We would be standing out in the river as the sun came up and I would get a chill as the first ray of sunshine shot into the sky. What more proof do you need?

Speaking of chills they are playing my favorite Christmas song and it always gives me chills. "Oh Holy Night" Have a glorious day and thanks for your words of inspiration. Know that you are touching many lives with your writings.

Kim S in SC said...

To you dear blogging friends: Thanks for your comments! I agree with you all! We serve a great God!

"Weighting" on the Lord

Let this be a place of encouragement for you in your own walk!